When it comes to dating or talking to someone there are a few things that will give you clues if this prospect is really worth your time. First things first, you need to figure our what you are looking for and what kind of person you are looking for. That is the most important before you start your dating adventure.
You can find out a few things to see what kind of person they are.
Here are things I try to find out when I am first getting to know someone:
- Do they have a job that supports their life? Do they have a car? Do they have their own place. They don’t have to be rich but they need to have their own life. You don’t want to end up being someone’s paycheck.
- Ask about their family. Though it is true you don’t want a mama’s boy. How they treat their mom is important. If family is important to them then this is a positive thing. Family means nothing to some people.
- Do they have animals? Someone who is good to their animals is someone caring and nurturing. Also they are someone very responsible.
- Do they have kids and do they take care of their kids? You don’t want to be with a dead beat who could care less about their kids especially if you have kids of your own.
- How do they talk about their ex’s? If a person is constantly dogging their ex then lets face it that is how they are going to talk about you if things don’t work out.
- Does he have goals? What are some of his future aspirations? A man with a plan has thought about his future.
- What is he looking for? If he doesn’t want a relationship or only wants something casual then he is only looking for sex or to play with you.
- What is he looking for in a prospect? If he is serious about dating then he has an idea of what he is looking for in a potential prospect.
- Does he try to get to know you? Does he only talk about sex or how hot you are? A guy who is interested will try to get to know you.
- What is his religious beliefs is he has any. It is important to that if you believe in God to try to find someone who also believes in God if it is not the same faith exactly. It is so much harder for an Atheist and Christian to seriously date.
- He will make a plan and effort to try and meet you. If is has been a month and he hasn’t met you then their is a reason for that.
Here are just a few things you can find out at the beginning as you are getting to know someone that will let you know if they are someone you should consider a prospect of not. This way you don’t have to waste your time, weeks down the road finding out that he is a deadbeat with four kids and no job or goals who mistreats his dog but wants nothing serious.
Date smarter and not harder, if possible in a world where dating is hard.
“I’ve been on so many blind dates, I should get a free dog.” – Wendy Liebman