One of the most important things you can do is respect yourself in a relationship. So many people lose themselves in a relationship and after it ends it takes a long time for them to find themselves again……..No relationship should ever cost you who you are or your self worth.
Here are a few rules to set so you always respect yourself in a relationship:
- You set standards and healthy boundaries that you enforce when necessary.
- You give love, care, affection, and support. Then you know you are supposed to get the same thing back.
- Never settle for the one who makes you feel ordinary. Date the one who knows how extraordinary you are.
- You never allow anyone to disrespect you and you correct them if they do.
- You value yourself enough to let them know if something bothers you and is important to you.
- Choose someone who is emotionally available and is a decent human being.
- If their life is getting better and yours is getting worse when you are with them, it is time to go. You should compliment each other and each other’s lives.
“No relationship is worth compromising your dignity or self-respect.” – Unknown Author