It is really painful to have your heart broken. This could happen because someone doesn’t feel the same way as you, when an almost relationship ends before it starts, or when a relationship ends. It is all very hard to get over sometimes, especially when you never wanted it to end or worse….Something you did caused it to end. The best thing you can do when the other person no longer wants to be with you is move on…..You can’t make a person want you or care about you…….
Heartbreak is the death of a relationship.
Steps to moving on:
- Accepting that it is over and stop trying to get something back or repair something that is gone.
- Allow yourself to feel all your feelings and all the pain so you can work your way through them and mourn the end of whatever relationship you had with that person.
- Cut all contact. Delete the other person off all social media. Delete their number. Delete all their text messages. End all communication. Don’t try to stay friends with them. Don’t watch their social media. You are only torturing yourself.
- Hang out with your friends. Make new friends if you need to. I joined a meetup group social to meet up with other women in my area and make new friends. It was very helpful. A Sunday school class is also a good place to meet new people to hang out with.
- Join a few dating websites. Not to jump back into a relationship but just to talk to other people for a while. You might not be ready to date yet but eventually you might be.
- Exercise of find a hobby to stay busy. Creating a blog is a great outlet for many feelings. Photography is also a really great hobby.
- Appreciate the good times but focus on the bad times when you think about what happened. This will help you accept that ending things was best.
- Take care of yourself. Pamper yourself. Buy yourself your favorite food. Watch the movie you have always wanted to see. Buy that outfit you have been dying to get. Do things for you.
- Don’t get mad at yourself for not being able to just get over things. People have different lengths to their healing process. Not everyone can get over things right away.
- Don’t obsess over what happened. Forgive yourself and move on. Sometimes things just blow up and their is nothing we can do about it. Accept what is not in your control. How someone else feels in not in your control.
- Focus on things in your life you care about and have a wonderful life. Soon after a few weeks the pain will get less and less. It will get easier and easier to move on.
Most the time when something ends or in breakups the other person already mentally ended the relationship. They already went through the process and got over it before it ended so it might not be as hard for them to walk away of move on. Just remember this when you feel bad that they don’t seem to care or miss you. The truth is they already left the relationship before they actually left.
Getting over heartbreak is not an easy process but it can happen. Just give it time and focus on other things. Eventually things will get better. Love yourself through this and stop being so hard on yourself. Sometimes as painful as it is things just don’ work out. In time you will be able to move on with self love and find another path. Maybe a better path.
“Was it hard?” I ask. “Letting go?” “Not as hard as holding on to something that wasn’t real.” – Lisa Shroeder