Faith is the antidote for the disease called fear…Fear keeps people from really living. Fear keeps us from taking the risks. It’s the reason we don’t tell that one person how we feel. It’s the reason we don’t ask for a promotion or go for that one job. It is the reason why we don’t eat the cake. Fear is the reason why so many never reach their full potential and never achieve success.
So the answer is simple, throw caution to the wind…..
Here are ten tips for overcoming fear:
- Do something. Anything!!! Fear thrives on inaction.
- Make a decision. You don’t always need to be sure of the outcome. Fear thrives on indecision.
- Think of the worse thing that can happen and make an action plan as a contingency against if it actually happens. Fear thrives on the unknown.
- Imagine the very best thing that could happen to you how you would feel if it actually happened. Fear thrives on feelings of unworthiness.
- Say “Anything is possible,” instead of ” This is not possible.” Fear thrives on feelings of impossibility.
- Say “I can,” and “Why not?” instead of “I cannot.” Fear thrives on negativity.
- Look for truth instead of hiding from facts. Fear thrives on lies.
- Take in air instead of holding your breath. Fear thrives of suffocation.
- Embrace the mistakes in your life instead of pretending you don’t make any. Fear thrives on perfectionism.
- Take one step today instead of waiting to run a marathon tomorrow. Fear thrives on waiting for the right time.
I only regret the chances I didn’t take because of fear!!! – Unknown