They are not your friends. They do not love you. They are master manipulators who are only out for themselves and what benefits them. I know this subject all to well. I was married to one and my best friend for six years was one.
If you are wondering if the person you are with or are friends with could be a narcissist you need to know then signs. Here are just a few to watch out for:
- Superiority and entitlement
- Exaggerated need for attention and validation
- Great need for control
- Lack of responsibility—blaming and deflecting
- Lack of boundaries
- Lack of empathy
- Perceiving everything as a threat
- Emotional reasoning
- Personality Splitting – Jekyll and Hyde
- Fear of rejection and ridicule
- Constant ongoing anxiety and paranoia
- Deeply repressed shame
- Extreme jealousy
- Constant gaslighting
- Master manipulators and liars
- An inability to be truly vulnerable
- An inability to communicate or work as part of a team
Listen to my words…..There is no reasoning with a narcissist. There is not negotiating with a narcissist. A narcissist will never see what they are doing is wrong. Even if they apologize they don’t mean it. They care only able to care about themselves and what benefits them. You will never win with a narcissist. They will never change no matter what they promise you.
Know these signs and run for the hills you know someone like this. These people are not able to truly care for another person or have healthy relationships. They instead have hostages.
“Nice people don’t necessarily fall in love with nice people.” – Johnathan Franzen