Everyone has that one song that makes them feel good no matter what!!! Everyone also has that one song that can bring them to tears for whatever reason. When you have a broken heart are there songs that you avoid because of the memories they bring back???
Music has the power to bring us up and bring us down. Music is filled with lyrics and emotions. Many of us can relate to certain songs and we identify with certain aspects of songs. The power of music really has a impact on our emotions and moods.
A couple on songs that really remind me of my PTSD. These are not happy songs for me. These songs bring back many emotions for me. Memories and flashbacks play in my head like a video as these songs play.
- Let Me Go – Three Doors Down
- For You – Act of Valor
- Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
- You Found Me – The Fray
- Too Late to Apologize – OneRepublic
- Bring Me to Life – Evanescence
- Because of You – Kelly Clarkson
- I Love You This Much – Jimmy Wayne
- Stupid Boy – Keith Urban
These songs help lift me up when I am feeling down. Sometimes we can be at our lowest and the right song comes on to help us realize how strong we are. Some songs can sooth our pain and our emotions when they are at our worst.
- I am invincible – Cassadee Pope
- Tough – Pickler
- Unstoppable – Rascal Flatts
- Stand – Rascal Flatts
- Strong Enough – Matthew West
- Overcomer – Mandisa
- Say Amen – Finding Favour
- Champion – Carrie Underwood
- Catch My Breath – Kelly Clarkson
- Stronger – Kelly Clarkson
- Hurricane – Natalie Grant
- Ask Me – Amy Grant
- A Little Bit Stronger – Sara Evans
- Standing Outside The Fire – Garth Brooks
- Fighter – Danny Gokey
- Haven’t Seen It Yet – Danny Gokey
- Tell Your Heart to Beat Again – Danny Gokey
- Rise – Danny Gokey
- Who You Are – Unspoken
Start powering up your play list today. Fill it full of songs that improve your mood and happiness. Create a world around you that helps create the self love you deserve and desire. Everyone’s play list is different. Share your uplifting longs today in the comments if you like. Everyone has that one song they can listen to over and over again. What is yours?
“A great song should lift your heart, warm the soul and make you feel good.” ― Colbie Caillat