Have you seen the show hoarders? Do those people seem happy? The answer is no. We feel better and like we are on track and organized if our life is on track and organized. This includes where we live and relax at. We feel as good an as relaxed as our surroundings. We can not do this if we are surrounded by chaos.
It is also important to decorate your home to your taste. Yes a clean and organized home is important. However in order to make a house a home you have to put yourself into you home. Add some home decor on the walls and shelves. Add some family photos. Add colors that add that feeling of warmth and belonging in your home. Make your home yours.
Here is a short list of how to keep a clean home:
Do Every Day
- When you wake up make your bed in the mornings.
- Wash dishes and wipe down sink.
- Take out the trash and recycling.
- Wash and dry one load of laundry.
- Put clothes away.
Do Every Week
- Wipe down kitchen appliances.
- Clean toilets, bath tubs, showers, and sinks.
- Clean the mirrors.
- Dusting from top to bottom.
- Change the bed linens.
- Vacuum all the carpets.
- Sweep and mop the floors.
- Fold and put away any laundry that is out.
- Do any hand washing.
Do Every Month
- Clean inside the oven and microwave.
- Wipe down inside the fridge.
- Clean and organize inside bathroom cabinets.
- Clean the lights, light switches, and door knobs.
- Clean vents.
- Disinfect garbage cans.
Do Every Season
- Clean pantry and check for expired items.
- Clean the fridge and check for expired items.
- Clean and organize the inside of kitchen cabinets.
- Wash blankets, sheets, pillows, and pillow covers.
- Wash the windows, curtains, and blinds.
- Sort through all wardrobe items to donate or clean.
A home is very vital to self love and self care. If you love your home it will love you in return. Create a nest you can thrive in.
“It’s not how big a home is, It’s how happy a home is.” – Unknown